Technical Program Manager
About Atlis Motor Vehicles
You've seen opportunities like this before: “Join a startup that's changing the world.” Sounds like a dream job, right? Well, this one is. Here's why: You'll join the high-horsepower team developing a 100% battery-electric full-size pickup truck (the Atlis XT) that will revolutionize the way work is done. The XT Pickup is everything you expect in a truck: it’s rugged, it’s durable, it can perform in the most extreme conditions. Just like our team.
Atlis Motor Vehicles was born in founder Mark’s garage, ignited by curiosity and personal motivation. Mark’s goal: take his energy-guzzling diesel pickup and convert it into an electric truck. Early on, it was just Mark, his truck and long hours spent in the solitude of his garage. He leveraged his engineering background and brought in colleagues who are experts in various fields—power tech, batteries, automotive dynamics, etc.—to design a solution that solves the biggest pain points in the electric vehicle market today. Together, they sought to disrupt the status quo, and to discover just how far they can take it. The result: the XT Pickup. It’s not just a better electric vehicle; it’s not just a better pickup truck; it’s the foundation for an entirely new approach to electric vehicles.
Our mission is a big one: we will change the world with a better alternative. We will build something that matters, not just something to play the game. We will solve problems that are key to our customers' success. We will not be afraid of big challenges. There is a lot of work to do, and we're looking for optimistic problem-solvers to help us get there.
You’ll create and manage the project plan for our innovative and inventive programs. As the TPM, you’ll ensure Engineering teams are executing so that we bring our technology to market according to the plan. You’ll also own the program’s budget and make build/buy/partner decisions for various segments of the program. You will own the schedule and Ultimately, you’ll lead our team to ensure we hit key milestones and bring massive value to the electric vehicle market.
· Provide project management, cross-functional coordination, manage release schedules, milestones, stakeholders, and inter/intra team communications
· Assess costs and benefits, identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make tradeoffs; and balance business needs with technical constraints
· Clearly communicate project and program status, responsibilities and issues to stakeholders
· Manage development of integration requirements
· Management of schedule, budget, and status reports
· Work directly with a small, agile team - picking up and taking on roles and responsibilities to fill gaps as needed
· Manage relationship and requirements with strategic partners
· Manage relationship and requirements with key vendors
· Facilitate communication & teamwork across Engineering teams
· Remove obstacles to keep Engineering teams on-track
· Launch key technical milestones on-time and in-budget
Ideally, you have experience with:
· Technical program/project management
· Automotive and/or electric vehicle industry
· Battery Systems
· Electromagnetic motor systems
· Strategic partnerships
· SCRUM, AGILE or Six Sigma
and you’re someone who is:
· B.S. in Engineering or equivalent work experience as Program Manager
· Collaborative leader
· Organizer of chaos
· Phenomenal meeting conductor
· Excellent communicator
· Creative & critical thinker
· Self-starter who is willing to get their hands dirty
· Team player who is excited by rapid development cycles
· 5+ years program/project management experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Vendor Relations
- Budget Oversight
- Project Management
Type of Contract
This position requires education background
Share this position: