Lead Engineer – Battery Cell Development
About Atlis Motor Vehicles
You've seen opportunities like this before: “Join a startup that's changing the world.” Sounds like a dream job, right? Well, this one is. Here's why: You'll join the high-horsepower team developing a 100% battery-electric full-size pickup truck (the Atlis XT) that will revolutionize the way work is done. The XT Pickup is everything you expect in a truck: it’s rugged, it’s durable, it can perform in the most extreme conditions. Just like our team.
Atlis Motor Vehicles was born in founder Mark’s garage, ignited by curiosity and personal motivation. Mark’s goal: take his energy-guzzling diesel pickup and convert it into an electric truck. Early on, it was just Mark, his truck and long hours spent in the solitude of his garage. He leveraged his engineering background and brought in colleagues who are experts in various fields—power tech, batteries, automotive dynamics, etc.—to design a solution that solves the biggest pain points in the electric vehicle market today. Together, they sought to disrupt the status quo, and to discover just how far they can take it. The result: the XT Pickup. It’s not just a better electric vehicle; it’s not just a better pickup truck; it’s the foundation for an entirely new approach to electric vehicles.
Our mission is a big one: we will change the world with a better alternative. We will build something that matters, not just something to play the game. We will solve problems that are key to our customers' success. We will not be afraid of big challenges. There is a lot of work to do, and we're looking for optimistic problem-solvers to help us get there.
Atlis Motor Vehicles is developing a proprietary battery management system aimed at reducing cost and complexity, while facilitating a proprietary pack management system capable of integration with CCS 1.0, CCS 2.0, and Atlis Advanced Charging Station protocols. This battery management system will be built around our customized battery cell and enclosure. You will develop test methods and plans to characterize cell performance and create simulations. As a working leader, you will be responsible for leading the team that will successfully integrate the battery cell into the vehicle while working in a collaborative, matrixed environment. You and your team will develop and build a variety of battery related aging and performance models.
· Lead, manage, and mentor a team of Engineers
· Recruit and develop top engineering talent
· Launch key technical milestones on-time and in-budget
· Work with cross-functional teams to assist in various system integrations
· Lead the development of the Atlis proprietary battery cells from prototype to production
· Develop, qualify, and benchmark cell designs
· Assume ownership of projects and execute with minimal oversight
Ideally, you have experience with:
· Cell components and their interactions inside the cell
· Electrochemistry and electrochemical techniques
· Cell level performance and life cycle characterization methods
· Root cause analysis
· Current state of the art cell production processes
· Data analysis and mathematical modeling
· Applying quality tools and their application to assist with the evaluation and qualification of new material technologies and advanced design concepts
· State of Charge, State of Health, State of Prediction
and you’re someone who is:
· B.S. in Engineering preferred
· Collaborative leader
· Organizer of chaos
· 8+ years of experience
· Phenomenal meeting conductor
· Excellent communicator
· Creative & critical thinker
· Self-starter who is willing to get their hands dirty
· Team player who is excited by rapid development cycles
· Excellent leader of people
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- electrode processing
- Data Analysis
- Organic Chemistry
Type of Contract
This position requires education background
Share this position: