You've seen opportunities like this before: “Join a startup that's changing the world.” Sounds like a dream job, right? Well, this one is. Here's why: You'll join the high-horsepower team developing a 100% battery-electric full-size pickup truck (the Atlis XT) that will revolutionize the way work is done. The XT Pickup is everything you expect in a truck: it’s rugged, it’s durable, it can perform in the most extreme conditions. Just like our team.
Atlis Motor Vehicles was born in founder Mark’s garage, ignited by curiosity and personal motivation. Mark’s goal: take his energy-guzzling diesel pickup and convert it into an electric truck. Early on, it was just Mark, his truck and long hours spent in the solitude of his garage. He leveraged his engineering background and brought in colleagues who are experts in various fields—power tech, batteries, automotive dynamics, etc.—to design a solution that solves the biggest pain points in the electric vehicle market today. Together, they sought to disrupt the status quo, and to discover just how far they can take it. The result: the XT Pickup. It’s not just a better electric vehicle; it’s not just a better pickup truck; it’s the foundation for an entirely new approach to electric vehicles.
Our mission is a big one: we will change the world with a better alternative. We will build something that matters, not just something to play the game. We will solve problems that are key to our customers' success. We will not be afraid of big challenges. There is a lot of work to do, and we're looking for optimistic problem-solvers to help us get there.
ATLIS Motor Vehicles is creating and facilitating a highly visible, reliable, interoperable, and driver-oriented Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure network to support the increased adoption of electric vehicles in the United States. It will create the highest-powered charging station network by investing in a range of current and future charging technologies that will provide ubiquitous access to EV drivers along highways, in metro areas, along highways, and for fleets.
The candidate will manage charging programs and the Charging team that is directly responsible for technical development of charging infrastructure hardware, software, and operating network with a focus on new and evolving 1+ MW charging systems. The Chief Engineer will drive the development, testing, validation of ATLIS’ Charging and Storage Technology portfolio incl. L2, DC(CCS), High Power DC(MCS) and Battery Storage. In this role the Chief engineer will have an extensive background in the development of power electronics, charging controls, inverter technology, and battery storage as well as an in-depth knowledge of NEC, SAE, UL, ISO standards regarding charging technology. Strong understanding of the EV industry and significant experience in infrastructure development is critical.
The candidate will develop and validate the ATLIS charging technology development - in house and with technology partners. Also, important will be optimizing Level 2 through 350+kw DC CCS, related components and IT systems for data exchange and interoperability. The Chief Engineer will identify and develop charging solutions both in-house and multiple suppliers for the full range of use cases in scope for ATLIS Motor Vehicles strategy as well as validating designs and solutions to ensure a premium charging experience by our EV customers. The Charging and Infrastructure teams will be responsible to support the operations, planning, partnerships, and land services teams with all necessary technical background to ensure successful procurement through deployment in the U.S. and engagement with regulators and other important industry stakeholders behind charging infrastructure planning and deployment. The team will also regularly interact with suppliers in the space, certification companies and vehicle OEM product development representatives.
· Drives the strategy, development, manufacturing, evaluation, and selection of ATLIS charging hardware (new development and supplier components) with special emphasis on new generation 1+ MW hardware, related components, and certifications
· Oversees team that ensures functionality of infrastructure software and network, open standards including OCPP compliance, and interoperability with other systems
· Oversees development and maintenance of platforms supporting b2b/b2c commerce and customer care
· Leads continuous improvement of charging hardware quality and reliability metrics by working closely with equipment vendors to strengthen supply chain management practices, manufacturing processes, production readiness and final quality assurance and quality control
· Develops customer facing ATLIS web content with marketing to promote charging network and technology
· Leads storage/solar vehicle to grid, inductive as well as other hardware/software development and integration
· Represents ATLIS at select industry events and in technical discussions with regulators
· Provides technical perspective for critical partnerships with master site holders, vendors, etc.
· Ensures overall engineering spend falls within budget
· Provide regular updates to the C suite and other executives
· Manages team of direct reports and multi-million-dollar hardware budget
Ideally, you have experience with:
· Experience in development projects (incl. power electronics, charging controls, inverter technology, and battery storage
· Extensive EV Charger experience
· Expertise in NEC, SAE, UL, ISO standardization regarding Charging technology.
· Knowledge & understanding of overall automotive and EV Industry
· Experience in analyzing complex electrical systems and pragmatic problem solving.
· Critical problem-solving skills with ability to work in ambiguous environments and form independent judgments
· Strong written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and external customers
· Project management skills
and you’re someone who is:
· Attuned to a start-up teamwork environment, fast-paced rhythm, and a result-oriented culture
· Has strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze data
· Has financial acumen to develop high level financial projections
· Is an analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
· Has great communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
· Great with integration – joining people, processes, or systems
· Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
· An abundance of resource management skills
· Strong Executive leadership skills
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Project Developmet
- EV Industry
Type of Contract
Share this position: